What you will learn
You and your colleagues will learn about all aspects of waste management, based around 9 core themes:
- What is Waste? – The definitions, identification and classification of different waste streams.
- Basic Principles – An overview of the principles and concepts of sustainable waste and resource management, such the waste hierarchy and zero waste.
- Legislation and Regulation – Key pieces of waste legislation, why they exist and who regulates them.
- Waste Management Policy and Strategy – The benefits of an effective waste management policy and strategy and what these documents should include.
- The Cost of Waste Management – The true cost of waste management, including waste charges and recommendations on how to reduce costs.
- Effective Contractor Management – How to get the best value from your waste contractors.
- Hazardous Waste Management – How to categorise and manage hazardous wastes.
- Construction, Demolition and Excavation Waste – How to manage these specialist waste streams.
At the end of each section there’s a short quiz to test your understanding and progress. Because this package is provided on a subscription basis, you’ll be able to revisit the module content and use it as an ongoing reference tool. We are continually evolving the systems content and information provided.
With this subscription you’ll also have access to the following additional benefits:
- Ask the Expert – Ask our real-life professionals questions about your waste management issues and get a helpful response.
- Your Documents – Your very own online document store containing a range of guidance documents and a framework for building your compliance, data and financial records.
“Cloud Sustainability courses are informative and concise whilst being fun to learn. They contain exquisite graphics with interactive quizzes. The short snappy modules are made to fit in with any busy schedule. I look forward to completing the others to help me with my role as an Award Winning Sustainability Champion.”
Lisa B Jeffries, Senior Clinical Technician, School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield
To find out if discounts are available for multiple purchases or for mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]