In this online course you will learn how social media can be used in business for marketing purposes. It will ensure that you use the correct tools and interact with the appropriate audience for your business.
By the end of this course, you will create a social media strategy, a social media policy and a content plan.
Written in plain English and avoiding technical jargon, this course is aimed at business people who want to create an effective social media strategy for their business.
Awarded 17 CPD points. On completion of a practical assignment, a CPD certification will be awarded.
The course covers everything that you need to know and is broken down into manageable learning objects:
Learning object 1 – Setting the Scene
- What is social media and what are the benefits?
- Why use Social Media?
- What worries you and excites you?
- Taking a strategic approach.
- The social media cycle
- The importance of listening
Learning Object 2 – Review
- Current or traditional marketing methods
- Brands and values
- What does success mean?
- Types of marketing materials
- Current use of social media in the business
- Action points
Learning Object 3 – Aims and Audience
- Reasons and aims for using social media for marketing
- The impact on the type and size of the business on the social media tools chosen
- Typical audience groups on social media
- Identifying the social media audience of your business
- The keywords of the business
Learning Object 4 – Channels
- Niche tools (Snapchat, Foursquare, Digital Vouchers)
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Videos and Podcasts
- Pinterest and Instagram
- Social Bookmarking
- Increased use of mobile
- Digital Advertising
- Mobile marketing
Learning Object 5 – Content
- What is content?
- Content or Relationship marketing
- Content ideas
- Content curation
- Creating a content plan
- Re-using content
Learning Object 6 – Resources
- What resources does the business need to carry out social media?
- Outsourcing social media
- Social Media Policies
- The risks of social media
- Identifying training needs
- How to manage a crisis on social media
Learning Object 7 – Measure
- How to measure what you are doing on social media
- What constitutes success on social media?
- Social metrics map
- What success means for the business
- Tools to measure success
Learning Object 8 – Putting it all Together
- Getting started with social media
- Creating a social media strategy
- Do’s and Don’ts on social media
- Starting again
Full support via our online forum, email and Skype.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.