Once you complete this course you will be able to:
- Explain the journey of food from the mouth through the digestive system
- Name and describe the main functions of each section of the alimentary canal (including mouth, oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine)
- Describe how fats, proteins and carbohydrates are digested and absorbed, and the main enzymes involved
- Discuss the role of dietary fibre in the maintenance of gut function
- Discuss the role of the liver and pancreas in assisting digestion
- Identify the time scales for digesting foods
- Explain the importance of fluid within the digestive system
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.