The objectives for the study units are that learners will be able to:
- explain why it is important to recognise that individuals with dementia have unique needs and preferences
- describe ways of helping carers and others understand that an individual with dementia has unique needs and preferences
- illustrate how values, beliefs and misunderstandings about dementia can affect attitudes towards individuals
- list ways in which an individual can be helped to feel valued, included and able to engage in daily life
- explain why individuals with dementia may feel excluded
- explain the importance of including the individual in all aspects of their care
- identify the differences between the experiences of an older individual with dementia and those of a younger person with the condition
- outline the steps that might be taken to gain knowledge and understanding of the needs and preferences of individuals with dementia from ethnic origins
- describe the knowledge and understanding required to work in a person-centred way with an individual with a learning disability and dementia
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.