The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- define what it is to be a carer and specify people needing support
- define the well-being duty and describe what it means for professional practice
- define the prevention duty and describe what it means for professional practice
- define the general duties to provide information and advice and describe what these mean for professional practice
- describe the duties for co-operation between health and social care and the promotion of their integration
- specify the key elements of assessment under the Care Act and describe how assessments will be delivered in practice
- describe the transition arrangements for disabled children and young carers
- specify when and how carers’ needs will be met under the Care Act and describe how this can be planned and delivered and specify the key elements of financial assessment, including when to charge or not and how to make that decision
- recognise and describe duties that can be delegated to other agencies
- specify the requirements for promoting a market in care services to meet the needs of carers and describe how they will operate
- specify the key elements of continuity of care, including how to decide which authority has responsibility for the carer
- describe the requirements for Safeguarding Adult Boards and when reviews must be held
- recognise the implications of the cap on care funding and the arrangements for Care Accounts
- analyse some worked examples of assessment, duties to provide services and charging.
A certificate of completion is issued when all aspects of the course have been completed.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For larger purchases or to find out if larger discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]