The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- explain what diabetes is and differentiate between types one and two
- list some of the causes of diabetes as well as common symptoms
- describe in broad terms how our bodies should produce insulin and what purpose it serves
- identify some of the treatments available for both types of diabetes
- explain how they could support someone with diabetes to eat and live more healthily
- understand what is meant by a normal blood sugar level
- explain the importance of monitoring and balancing blood sugar levels in diabetics
- identify ways of supporting people who experience complications such as hypoglycaemia or hyperglycaemia
- describe the short- and long-term health risks to which diabetics are more susceptible
- suggest ways of helping people reduce their chances of developing serious health problems
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.