The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- describe autism and list the different conditions within the spectrum
- identify the benefits of an early diagnosis
- understand the difficulties many autistic people have with communication, social behaviour and relationships
- explain strategies for supporting individuals in relation to the triad of impairments
- understand how people with autism often see the world around them in a different way to those without the condition
- describe the ‘theory of mind’ experiment and explain how it can be used as a diagnostic tool
- suggest possible ways of supporting people with memory problems or sensory sensitivity
- describe some of the legislation in place to support people with disabilities in their everyday lives
- explain the key aims of The Autism Act 2009
- understand what a person-centred approach to planning is and identify its benefits
- identify the reasons why a person-centered approach is effective for supporting people with autism
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.