Upon completing this qualification, you will have a practical knowledge of the major Social Media networks including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. You will have an understanding of the working knowledge of SEO (search engine optimisation), creating and using video for business, Pinterest, Instagram, social bookmarking, blogging, how to set up and use Google My Business, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and building a WordPress website. You will be able to create a strategy and social media policy for your use of social media and choose the correct channels to carry this out efficiently.
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the City & Guilds ITQ Level 3 qualification (equivalent to an ‘A’ Level standard of learning). You are assessed throughout the course and will complete 20 tasks including practical creation of profiles and status updates. You will also evidence your use of a range of digital marketing tools.
The following training courses are included as part of the qualification:
- Social Media Strategy
- Google My Business
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Introduction to SEO
- WordPress for websites
- Creating video for business
- Create Images for business
- Learn to Blog
The learning and assessment process is:
- Flexible – learn when you want, where you are (Internet connection needed).
- Practical – no exams, implement what you learn immediately.
- Regularly Assessed – we ask you to complete 11 assignments and you will receive individual feedback on each question on each assignment so you can track your progress. Feedback is relevant to your situation.
- Supported – you can contact your personal assessor at any time to ask about the assignments, the learning or how you are implementing what you are learning.
- Up to date – all e-learning is updated every 6 months and you will also have access to a monthly update document covering all the updates in the social media industry.
- Detailed – you will be given a huge amount of content about social media which you can use in your own business or you can use to set up a freelance consultancy.
- Accredited – this is an internationally recognised qualification.
- You will work through 12 e-learning courses at your own pace to learn how and why to use each of the channels.
- After each course, you will complete an assignment which you will upload to your portfolio.
- Your assessor will give you personal feedback on each assignment with tips to improve your social media use.
- You’ll be placed in a supportive group of peers and alumni who can help you through the course with ideas and guidance.
- Learning is carried out remotely online. All you need is a web-enabled laptop, PC or tablet with a decent Internet connection and you can study from anywhere and whenever you want.
- You will have a dedicated course tutor who you are encouraged to contact with questions, queries or even if you just want to say hello and discuss social media marketing (we are a friendly bunch).
- Your tutor can also help you in a coaching capacity, helping with job references, new business ventures, networking and even writing your first proposal.
- During the course, you will be provided with monthly update documents that summarise all you need to know about what is changing in the world of social media.
This course is perfect for you if you are using a range of social media channels and know the ‘how’ but you are not sure whether you are taking a strategic approach or whether you could be doing it better.
This course has been structured to take 11 months. However, you complete the course in your own time so you can achieve quicker than this if you wish. We recommend you spend 5 hours a week on the course.
When Can I Start?
You can start within 48 hours of registration. This course is designed for you to study at your own pace and start when you are ready.
Can I Pay in Instalments?
Payment via interest free instalments is avaiable, contact us for further information on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.