This course covers a comprehensive range of sexual orientation topics. It is aimed at employees of all levels, including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/executives and operational managers/executives.
How this course will benefit your organisation
Sexual Orientation will help employees to work successfully with lesbian, gay and bisexual colleagues and customers. The course content and structure explains the legal obligations of all levels of staff and demonstrates how creating a comfortable climate at work will benefit everyone, whatever their sexual orientation.
‘Sexual Orientation: Respecting lesbian, gay and bisexual people in the workplace’ will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- The legal and moral responsibilities of all levels of staff.
- Why certain behaviours are inappropriate.
- Why it is no defence to say you did not intend to cause distress.
- The fact that more than one in twenty people are lesbian, gay or bisexual.
- Why you can’t always be sure of someone’s sexual orientation, and therefore should not make assumptions.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
- Part 1
- Handling harassment
- Unlawful harassment on the basis of sexual orientation
- Defeating discrimination
- Understand why lesbian
- gay and bisexual (LGB) people shouldn’t be expected to hide their sexuality
- Respect the right of confidentiality of LGB people in the workplace.
- Part 2
- The Equality Act 2010
- Case studies
- Assessment quiz.
- Part 1 – The law
- It’s good for business
- Going forward.
- Part 2 – A series of four dramatised scenarios.
“The video is most impressive – direct, objective, and the case studies at the end really highlighted the points raised.”
Joanna Ward Transport for London
10% discount for between 10 users purchased, 15% discount for between 20 users purchased and 20% discount for 30 or more purchased. For discounts on larger volumes please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]