This level 1 course is aimed at:
• All staff in health care settings
• New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
• New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
• Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
• Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
• Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will:
• Know about child maltreatment in its different forms (physical including fabricated and induced illness, emotional and sexual abuse, and neglect) including child trafficking, female genital mutilation (FGM) child sexual exploitation (CSE) and radicalisation including prevalence and impact
• Know about relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse
• Know what to do if there are concerns about child maltreatment, including local policies and procedures around who to contact, where to obtain further advice and support, and have awareness of the referral process
• Know about the importance of sharing information (including the consequences of failing to do so)
• Know what to do if they feel that their concerns are not being taken seriously or they experience any other barriers to referring a child / family
• Know the risks associated with the internet and online social networking
• Know what the term ‘looked after child’ means
This course is divided into five modules. These are:
• Child maltreatment and its different forms
• Relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse
• What to do if you have concerns and the importance of sharing information
• Risks associated with the internet and online social networking
• The looked after child and important legislation
Each module takes between five and ten minutes to complete; the modules that contain video clips take a little longer.
The knowledge element of standard 11 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course and the course outlines the main issues in safeguarding children and provides information about what to do if you suspect that a child is being abused.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date and CPD hours.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]