The Equality Act 2010 makes it illegal to discriminate against employees, job seekers or trainees on the grounds of race.
Developed in partnership with Cymbiosis, this training solution from Inclusive Learning, provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of an inclusive workplace.
The requirements of the Equality Act 2010 state:
• Race and culture as being key issues within the workplace.
• Appropriate behaviour in relation to creating an inclusive workplace.
• The importance of equality of opportunity within the career development processes and how honest, objective appraisals will
• The main barriers to career development for many minority or ethnic groups.
• The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
This course doesn’t just consider organisations’ and individuals’ responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 – it looks beyond compliance. The course content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Part 1 – Includes
• The benefits of a diverse workforce
• Tackling stereotypes
• Saying the right thing
• Harassment and victimisation
• Breakingdown barriers.
Part 2 – Includes a series of 5 dramatised scenarios to trigger discussion and reflection.
• The Equality Act 2010
• Tackling stereotypes and preconceptions
• Taking effective action against discrimination, harassment and victimisation
• Dealing with racism from customers and service users
• Exploration of themes through dramatised case studies.
Estimated time required to complete this course – 60 minutes. Times may differ depending on individual learning styles.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]