The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the tests and how to carry them out
- Identify the consequences of failing to test and the importance of recording results
- Distinguish between the different hair characteristics and classifications
- Label the structure of the hair and skin
- Outline the growth cycle of the hair
- Identify the four main functions of the skin
- Describe the adverse hair and skin conditions and how to identify them
- i-Ask: Hair Tests
- i-Ask: Determining Hair Types, Density and Texture
- i-Ask: Effects of Hair Texture and Characteristics on Services
- i-Check: Hair Tests
- i-Test: Hair Tests
- i-Test: Effects of Hair Texture and Characteristics on Services
Hair Growth Cycle
- i-Ask: Hair Growth Cycle
- i-Ask: Hair Science
- i-Check: Hair Anatomy Map
- i-Check: Hair Science
- i-Test: Growth Phase
Adverse Hair and Scalp Conditions
- i-Ask: Adverse Hair and Scalp Conditions
- i-Ask: Effects of Scalp Conditions on Services
- i-Check: Adverse Hair and Scalp Conditions
- i-Check: Effects of Scalp Conditions on Services
- i-Test: Adverse Hair and Scalp Conditions
The suite of Hairdressing courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.