This qualification will enable you to operate more effectively when managing others as well as a basis on which to plan future management development.
Throughout your learning of this qualification, we encourage you to base your actions on relevant self management and people management approaches, models and techniques that you learn here and use these to reflect on the management aspect of your work as a manager.
This Managing Self and Others qualification consists of 2 modules:
1. Developing Skills for Personal Effectiveness
2. Managing People
WHAT SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS QUALIFICATION
• Audit your personal effectiveness, strengths and development needs
• Devise, implement and evaluate an Action Plan to address development needs and personal effectiveness, including stress management
• Use a range of inter-personal skills such as assertiveness more effectively
• Analyse and evaluate the work of managers
• Find ways to maintain and improve the performance of people at work, particularly those working in teams
• Your learning can be linked directly to your professional practice
• Gain Academic HN Credits
• Flexible mode of learning
• Tutor support and access to a specialist academic team
• Opportunity for nomination to National Star Awards*
• 1 year free studying membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
• In addition to the qualification certificate, you will get a certificate of recognition of your demonstrable skills and knowledge
• Free NUS card
After successful completion you will receive a nationally-recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8 (equivalent to an HND or QCF Level 5) within the national framework. The certificate is jointly certificated by SQA (Scottish
Qualifications Authority) and CMI (Chartered Management Institute).
10% discount for 10 or more users purchased. For purchases of 50 users or more phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.