This qualification gives you the skills and knowledge to enable you to select, recruit and work successfully with people and have an understanding of key people management processes of recruitment and selection, coaching, performance management, conflict management and discipline and grievance handling.
Throughout your learning of this qualification, we encourage you to base your actions on relevant self management and people management approaches, models and techniques that you learn here and use these to reflect on the management aspects of your work as a manager.
This Managing Self and Others qualification consists of 2 modules:
1. Developing Self Management Skills
2. Managing and Working with People
WHAT SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS QUALIFICATION:
• You will identify the importance of self-management, self-knowledge and self-understanding to the work of managers
• You will recognise and evaluate your personal resources and professional development opportunities by implementing and evaluating a personal development plan
• You will recognise the importance of continuous professional development as a key tool in embarking on and developing a successful managerial career
• You will develop skills in building positive relationships with colleagues and others in organisations
• You will utilise key management principles such as performance management and coaching in the complex situations with which managers have to operate.
• Your learning can be linked directly to your professional practice
• Gain Academic HN Credits
• Flexible mode of learning
• Tutor support and access to a specialist academic team
• Opportunity for nomination to National Star Awards*
• 1 year free studying membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
• In addition to the qualification certificate, you will get a certificate of recognition of your demonstrable skills and knowledge
• Free NUS card
After successful completion you will receive a nationally-recognised qualification at Level 7 (equivalent to HNC/QCF Level 4) within the national framework. The certificate is jointly certificated by CMI (Chartered Management Institute) and SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority).
10% discount for 10 or more users purchased. For purchases of 50 users or more phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.