- What a P3O is and why it is relevant
- Who the P3O guidance is aimed at
- The differences between Projects, Programmes, and Portfolio Management
P3O Services & Functions
- The objectives of each functional or service area
- Strategic Planning, Delivery Support and Centre of Excellence
- Assurance services, through gated reviews or audit
- P3O governance
- Services and functions delivered through various design models
- What kind of model to deploy
- The reporting structure of a P3O model
- Critical success factors of a P3O structure
- Information Assurance for projects and programmes
How to operate a P3O
- Portfolio prioritisation, Management Dashboards, Information Portals and Knowledge Management
- Some of the facilitated workshops a P3O may be asked to lead
- Business process swim-lane diagrams and the benefits they can bring
- How approaches can be tailored for different demands
P3O Roles & Responsibilities
- P3O “Management & Generic” roles and those that are “functional”
- The purpose of each role, and be aware of some of the key responsibilities of each
- How the roles might be implemented within the various P3O models
- Some of the key skills and competencies needed within a P3O
Developing a P3O Business Case, Why have a P3O?
- The benefits of a P3O, and the capabilities of a P3O
- The Principles for Extracting Value. A Value Matrix
- What performance improvements can be expected
How to implement or re-energise a P3O
- A Blueprint for a programme of change, for a successful P3O
- The lifecycle needed for P3O implementation
- How to setup and run a Temporary Office structure
- A large bureaucratic organisation delivering health services to various government departments across Europe
- A medium sized organisation delivering hardware and software solutions to their broad customer base
- A small organisation delivering construction project management for their clients
P3O Foundation Examination Technique
- How to approach the P3O examination
P3O Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the P3O examination, using the correct timing and providing feedback for each question
- Those requiring an understanding of Portfolio Management and the supporting environment for successful programmes and projects.
- Managers attempting to provide a structure for prioritisation and control of corporate organisational investments, particularly those using PRINCE2® and MSP®, although any methodology can be effectively improved using the P3O® model.
- There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification other than an understanding of the project and programme environment.
- An exam simulator which results in exceptional pass rates
- Increased retention of learning
- Less time taken to learn
- Increased control and visibility of progress and achievement
- Reduced travel costs
- Accessible from any location
The P30 Foundation Exam can be taken by remote proctor. The exam is taken online, using a webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection. At the agreed time candidates connect with a proctor who will invigilate their exam live. The cost for this exam is an additional £210 plus VAT.
Approximately 12 hours
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.