This course contains the following 15 modules on the following:
- To add a full day event use the New Item button in the New Group, select All Day Event from the drop down menu and complete the Event Form.
- The Go To Group allows you to go to Today or the Next 7 Days. To open a specific date use the Go To Date drop down menu then type in the required date in the dialog box.
- The commands in the Arrange Group enable you to view events by the day, work week, full week, month or in schedule view.
- Views can be changed using the Change Views command in the Current View group. Available views are Calendar, Preview, List and Active.
- To use the archive options select AutoArchive from the Advanced tab in Outlook Options on the File tab.
- When the AutoArchive dialog box opens you can set your running preferences.
- You can set up AutoArchive options for individual folders by right-clicking on the folder, selecting Properties then opening and editing the AutoArchive tab.
- AutoArchive settings can also be accessed through the AutoArchive Settings button in the Properties group on the Folder tab.
- With a contact selected, you can dial their number by clicking on the More button from the Communicate group and then selecting Call.
- When the Call box opens you can change the contact or call the contact on an alternative number.
- Track the duration of your call by clicking in the Create new Journal Entry when starting new call box.
- Use the Open Contact button to open the complete Contact file.
- Provided you are attached to a modem you can use the Start Call button to dial your contact. The End Call button is only available when your call is connected to allow you to disconnect.
- Contact details may be sent as electronic business cards by right-click the record you wish to send and select As a Business Card from the Forward Contact menu. The business card will be sent in, and as, an attachment to an email.
- If you receive a business card in an email you can open it by double clicking the attachment and using the Save
- You can change the interface settings in Outlook using the Outlook Options dialog box which is opened by clicking Options on the File tab. You can set user interface options for all areas of Outlook such as Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.
- Your messages can be created and read in one of three formats, HTML, Rich or Plain Text. Select Mail in the Outlook Options dialog box and set the format using the Compose messages in this format list.
- Set a password beginning by opening the file tab, selecting Account Settings and opening the Data Files tab in the Account Settings dialog box. Double-click on your chosen account and select Change Password. Type in the password of your choice, verify it and click OK.
- When Outlook opens you will be asked for the password to open the data file. Failure to enter the correct password will mean the folders remain closed.
- You can delegate a task in Outlook by opening the task and clicking on the Assign Task button from the Manage Tasks group on the Task tab. Fill out the Assign Task form or click Cancel Assignment to cancel. Use the Send button to send a completed Task request.
- AutoCreate allows you to create a task by dragging an email to the Tasks icon on the Navigation Pane. The AutoCreate function will fill in the fields in the Task form from corresponding fields in the email. The Task can be edited as normal. Use Save and Close in the Actions group to confirm any changes.
- Clicking in the Search box will open the Search tab and you can refine your search using the commands in the Refine group. You are not limited to searching using one Refine command, you can select multiple search parameters.
- Available search parameters include From, Subject, Has Attachments, Categorized, Flagged and Important etc.
- The Search Tools button in the Options group opens a menu which offers different search tools.
- Opening the Advanced Find dialog box allows you to personalise your options.
- Create a personal calendar by right-clicking on a calendar already in the list and choosing New Calendar or by selecting Create New Blank Calendar from the Open Calendar menu in the Manage Calendars group.
- When the Create New Folder dialog box opens give your new calendar a name and click OK to create it. Delete a calendar by right-clicking on it and selecting Delete Calendar from the shortcut menu.
- Overlay mode allows you to see more than one calendar in the same space. With the calendars open click the View in Overlay Mode button. The calendars are shown together each calendar has a tab which you can use to bring it to the front.
- Edit your appointments by double clicking on the entry to open the calendar entry form.
- Copy an appointment from one calendar by clicking on it and dragging it to a new location on another calendar.
- Email a calendar using the E-mail Calendar button in the Share group. This opens the Send a Calendar via E-mail dialog box and you can edit the options before sending.
- The View tab has replaced the Advanced Toolbar and all its functions.
- Use the commands in the Layout group to alter the way Outlook is displayed. You can also use the To Do Bar button to expand or
- collapse the To Do Bar.
- The commands in the Current View group on the View tab allow you to change the view to a preset view or create your own.
- Set your personal view using the Manage Views command on the Change View button. This opens a Manage All Views dialog box, select New then set up a new view in the Create a New View dialog box.
- Sort messages by opening the Manage All Views dialog box, select your View, open Advanced View Settings using the Modify button and choose Sort. When the Sort dialog box opens you can change your sort settings to suit your needs.
- Selecting Filter from the Advanced View Settings allows you to choose how to filter the sorted emails.
- Clear your settings by selecting the Reset View button in the Current View group.
- You can plan a meeting by selecting the date, clicking in the time slot of your choice, clicking on the New Meeting button and completing the Meeting form.
- Invite Attendees by Clicking the Scheduling button in the Show group on the Meeting form ribbon. When Scheduling is open click in the Click here to add a name box in the All Attendees list and type in the required name. You can also use the Add Others button to access and use the Address Book.
- The Scheduling window shows you the schedules for all your selected attendees allowing you to pick a convenient meeting time.
- The Appointment button in the Show group opens a new Meeting Request form which you fill with information about your meeting and send as an email.
- Add Events to the Calendar
- Enter Start Dates
- Enter Completion Dates
- Use Words to Enter Dates
- Select Recurrence Options
- Use the Go to Date Feature
- View Events
- Archive Items
- Activate AutoArchive
- Set Folder Archive Properties
- Dial a Contact’s Phone
- Track Phone Call Duration
- Using Contact Information
- Use Business Cards
- Store Business Card Details
- Tailor Outlook
- Set Calendar Options
- Use Mail Format Options
- Password Protect mail
- Change a Password
- Sign-on using a Password
- Delegate a Task
- Send a Task Request
- Use AutoCreate
- Find Messages in a Folder
- Use Query Builder
- Use Advanced Find Feature
- Open Items with the Find Box
- Close the Find Pane
- Create a Personal Calendar
- Use Overlay Mode
- Copy between Calendars
- Email Calendars
- Use the View tab
- Use Built-in Views
- Set Custom Views
- Sort Messages
- Apply and Remove a Filter
- Plan a Meeting
- Invite Attendees
- View User Schedules
- Enter Meeting Details
- Send Meeting Requests
- Respond to Requests
- Understand Signatures
- Create a Signature
- Add Formatting
- Change the Default Signature
- Append a Signature
- Insert a Hyperlink
- Change Message Formats
- Use Stationery
- Set Default Stationery
- Create a Message Template
- Save a Message Template
- Use a Template
- Set up a Journal
- Open a Journal Entry
- Manually Record Entries
- Auto Record Entries
- Set Journal Options
- Copy Items to the Journal
Viewing Arranging Items:
- Use Built-in Calendar Views
- Move Appointments
- Delete Calendar Items
- Respond to Reminders
Working with Folders:
- Re-size the Folder List
- Define Personal Folders
- Define Public Folders
- Create Folders
- Expandand Collapse Folders
- Moveand Copy Folder Items
- Rename Folders
- Delete Folders
- Set Automatic Deletion
Working with Notes:
- Create a Note
- Change a Note’s Colour
- Edit a Note
- Link a Contact to a Note
- View Notes
- Delete Notes
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]