This online course is designed to guide you through your study. Study is broken into learning elements that have exercises and tasks to consolidate learning. The e-learning course provides you with an opportunity to apply your knowledge to NEBOSH examination style questions to refine understanding and prepare for examination.
Each element includes:
• Learning outcomes – An overview of the element and what is expected to be learnt.
• Learning resources – Core study materials, videos, sources of reference and associated legislation.
• Learning exercises – Multiple choice and written exercises to test knowledge and understanding, backed up by suggested answers.
• Confirmation of understanding tasks – Additional exercises to help confirm understanding and reinforce the knowledge gained.
Four types of interactive learning exercises:
- Hazard identification – This interactive exercise tests your ability to identify potential hazards in an image of a real workplace situation.
- Drag and drop – Interactive exercises involve completion of definitions, images and sorting items into their correct categories.
- Risk assessment – Requires you to review a completed risk assessment and answer questions based on the ‘5 steps approach’ to risk assessment.
- Workplace inspection – Requires you to review an image of a workplace, identify the hazards or good working practices and recommend suitable controls.
Dynamic features to aid study:
- Student notes – Create and print notes with full formatting options.
- Relevant statutory provisions.
- Examination practice – Sit a 1 hour time based assessment, in preparation for the examination.
- Mock examination paper – Sit a full 2 hour mock examination paper, in preparation for the examination. Includes model answers and marking guidance.
Resources and support:
- Fully supported by an introduction, help, FAQ, technical and tutor support messaging system.
- Includes a host of resources, including examination paper exercises, examination procedures, syllabus, sample examination papers and useful links.
Examinations take place in March, June, September and December. Study programmes are designed to lead towards these dates. Students can access the revision and examination tutorials before taking their examinations at one of the many examination centres throughout the UK.
NEBOSH Examination fees: £110 (VAT exempt)
ACT Admin fees: £120 + VAT
ACT UK examination venues:
Midlands, London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Scotland, Bristol, Oxford
Outside the UK– ACT can advise and assist you to sit the exams in most countries in the world, for example:
- The British Council (provided the office overseas is one that conducts exams).
- An accredited exam centre that take external candidates.
Discounts are available for the purchase of multiple licences, please phone 0844 854 9218 for details.