This Essential Level Missing from Care course is delivered during a three hour Virtual Classroom for practitioners working in the child health and social care sector. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Learners will be supported to understand the importance of their role in preventing and proactively distracting children from going missing from care, will understand and define the signs and symptoms of the and also the procedures to follow when there is a missing episode.
By the end of this Virtual Classroom training session on Missing from Care all learners will be able to:
- To raise awareness of the risks associated with going Missing from Care and identify the learners role in prevention and incident management.
- Understand the difference between the terms missing from care and absent from care
- Identify the risks of children going Missing from Care.
- Describe their role in before, during and after a Missing episode.
Course Duration and Structure
This training session will last three hours with fifteen minute comfort breaks included. Delivery methods are designed to support all learning styles. This includes visual and interactive resources supported through workbooks and trainer facilitated discussions. Auditory and theoretical learners will benefit from direct questions and research activities, stretching and challenging them to reach their full potential.
Each learner will receive a certificate via email within 48 hours of successful completion of the course.
Current Course Dates
- 24 May 2021
- 14 June 2021
- 2 July 2021
- 16 August 2021
- 3 September 2021
- 19 October 2021
When you have purchased the course you will be contacted to book your preferred course date.
There are no entry requirments to complete this course. Learners may want to complete the Foundation Level Missing From Care: Children and Young People online course but this is not essential.
What is a Virtual Classroom Course?
Virtual Classroom training offers a blended learning approach, combining thought provoking classroom conversations with content that meets regulatory compliance and raises industry standards.
Join a virtual class where you can ask questions, be part of discussions, complete a learning pack and fully interact and engage with your trainer LIVE online.
- Fully Interactive Zoom meetings
- Real life classroom experience in a virtual environment
- Supportive and collaborative engagement
- Real time adaptable teaching methods to suit multiple learning needs
- Opportunity to engage in reflective practice
The Virtual Classroom is delivered live by a qualified lecturer with a background in:
- Health and Social Care
- Children and Families Social Work
- Residential Children’s Homes
- Foster Care
This Virtual Classroom session will be delivered via Zoom. As a minimum, you will need a device with speakers and a good internet connection. A microphone and webcam is advised, but not essential. For the best experience, we encourage the use of a PC or laptop. However, you can fully engage in the session using a tablet or mobile device.
This virtual classroom training is designed to meet regulatory compliance and raise industry standards. Developed by care professionals, for care professionals, we recognise the challenges in staff development and the importance of high-quality, cost-effective training.
- Accessible anywhere
- Fully accrediated by Open Awards
- Activity and reflective practice workbooks
- Embedded real-life scenarios
- Hosted by a live trainer
- Compliant with current legislation
- Interactive, engagine and innovative
- Trainng style adapted to learning needs
- Achieved in bite size chunks
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Childrens Residential Care Workers
If you are interested in further courses for practitioners working in the child health and social care sector click HERE.
Skills for Care
This course is from a Skills for Care Endorsed Provider for e-Learning. Skills for Care is the employer-led strategic body for workforce development in social care for adults in England.
This online course has been accredited the Badge of Excellence by Open Awards, a nationally recognised Awarding Organisation approved and regulated by Ofqual and QAA. Open Awards Badge of Excellence is the quality assurance mark that recognises excellent training, development and learning provision and meaningful outcomes. This course has been through a rigorous quality check and meets Open Awards Standards of Excellence for both delivery and outcomes.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.