Imagine a world where you could;
- Learn about wine from the most highly respected wine critic in the world.
- Become an expert on wine in under 4 hours.
- Never again feel intimidated or embarrassed at not being able to understand a wine label.
- Confidently chose a reliable and promising wine for any occasion.
- Learn about the world of wine at your own pace, on any device.
- Take your enjoyment of wine to the the next level by learning how to successfully pair it with foods
Learn from a true wine expert
Jancis Robinson, wine columnist for the Financial Times, provides advice for the wine cellar of The Queen and was the first person outside the wine trade to become a Master of Wine.
She edits the Oxford Companion to Wine, widely considered to be the most comprehensive wine encyclopaedia in the world and co-authors The World Atlas of Wine, a classic of the wine world. Her book Wine Grapes was the first-ever winner of all six major wine book awards on both sides of the Atlantic.
Have fun while you learn
Jancis will share her extensive knowledge and secret shortcuts so you can taste wine like a professional at home, decipher wine labels and language, sniff out the best wine bargains wherever you are, choose from a restaurant wine list with confidence and avoid the most common wine pitfalls.
Using fun and practical activities Jancis will give you the confidence to feel like a wine expert in any situation.
An essential life skill
The US now drinks more wine than France. In the UK wine has overtaken beer as the nation’s favourite drink. Asia is witnessing a revolution in wine as China and India’s growing middle class sip more of what was once considered an elite European drink.
Wine is now becoming the drink of choice for much of the world so understanding wine is quickly becoming an essential life skill for success in business or social situations.
What are the requirements?
No existing wine knowledge is required. Students are encouraged to taste wine throughout the course, but no specialist equipment is required beyond wine glasses – and wine, of course!
3 hours 45 minutes
The Wondeful World of wine and it’s journey from grape to glass
In this module you’ll learn all about what wine is, where wine comes from, how wine is made and the art of reading a wine label.
How to taste wine like a professional and have a sensational sensory experience
In this module you’ll learn all about where and how to taste, what the ideal wine glass looks like, how to use your eyes, nose and palate to judge a wine and finally how to write a tasting note.
How to choose and buy wine confidently – wines to try and avoiding mistakes
In this module you’ll learn all about choosing and buying wine, what you should pay for wine and how to avoid common pitfalls. You’ll discover delicious new wines and find out how to pair them with food.
Wine in the real world – become a wine expert in every social situation
In this module you’ll learn all about how to choose the perfect wine for any social situation.
The essential tools, tricks and techniques for all budding wine experts
In this module Jancis will give you an insight into the tools and techniques she personally uses to get the most from wine.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.