At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling
- Describe the possible consequences of manual handling injuries
- Explain how the spine works and how poor technique can cause injuries
- List their own responsibilities as well as those of their employer
- State the laws that cover manual handling
- Explain what manual handling risk assessments are, where to find them and how to use them
- Describe the effects of gravity on their stability and posture
- Explain the effects of leverage when holding or lifting a load
- Assess, avoid and minimise the risk of a manual handling injury
- List the risk factors that may apply when performing a manual handling task
- Apply the fundamental lifting and load-moving techniques
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.