This course is intended for all staff who work in the Education, Health and Social Care sectors.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
This course will enable you to:
• Know the key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling
• Know who is responsible for manual handling in the workplace
• Understand the importance of safe manual handling
• Learn the importance of thinking first
• Learn how much you can lift
• Know the basic techniques of good lifting practice
• Know what to think about prior to lifting
• Understand the principles around team lifting
• Learn how to move and handle people
• Learn about the workings of the spine
• Learn how a spine can get damaged whilst lifting
• Learn what causes back pain
• Learn how to treat back pain
• Learn how to strengthen your back
This course consists of three modules:
• Who is Responsible?
• Lifting Techniques
• Mind Your Back
Upon successful completion of this course bundle, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854