Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) is a health and safety procedure that temporarily disables access to a control panel or piece of heavy machinery in order to prevent unauthorised or unscheduled use by other operators. The main aim of the practice is to safeguard employees from preventable accidents and fatalities and is a standard operating procedure across heavy-duty industries such as manufacturing, construction and agriculture.
This lock out tag out course explains a five-step process, from planning to trying out, before work is carried out. It also summarises the steps to be taken after work has finished but before restoring power. As well as more obvious electrical hazards, the course explains that there are other energy sources that might need to be protected against, including hydraulic pressure, gas and moving parts. It uses cases studies based on real accidents to illustrate the importance of applying controls and to engage the learner.
It is not the aim of this course to explain particular shutdown sequences or lock out tag out steps for specific equipment. Although the course illustrates examples of how energy sources can be locked out, it is the responsibility of the employer to carry out specific risk assessments, to have tailored procedures in place and to train employees to use specific equipment.
Where lock out tag out is a significant element of an individual’s job role, it is recommended that this course is used as part of a blended learning approach, for example as preparation for a skills-based practical course or as a refresher of the key points.
This training course covers the following:
- Explains isolation processes for powered equipment, including lock out, tag out procedures
- Describes what can go wrong without a successful isolation process
- Summarises other steps required before starting work on powered equipment
A RoSPA Approved Course
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation, vet and approve health and safety training courses, giving learners increased confidence. The RoSPA stamp of approval gives organisations the confidence that a training course has been rigorously assessed and meets the RoSPA approved standards.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.