This course is aimed at learners looking to develop their understanding of the English Language, including spoken and written English, particularly with a view to applying these skills in the teaching of literacy and language. Students need to be at least 16 years of age.
This course comprises of 4 units:
1. Analysing English language for literacy and language teaching
– Understand the relationship between forms of language and meaning
– Understand structural features of language
2. Reading skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to read written texts (for specific purposes)
– Be able to respond to written texts
3. Speaking and listening skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to present information
– Be able to listen and respond to non verbal and verbal information
4. Writing skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to prepare written texts
– Be able to produce written texts
Each unit has an overview presentation, resources, practice exercises, and the assessment criteria, so students are well-prepared before attempting each unit assignment.
Course Duration and Credits
Minimum guided learning hours = 60
RQF credits = 12
The qualification is assessed by internally set and marked assessments.
Students have a dedicated tutor as they work through the course, providing advice and guidance, as well as prompt feedback. Communication is usually via email, and telephone / Skype support is also available if required. This allows each student to work through the course at their own pace.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.