This online course is aimed at learners looking to develop their understanding of the English Language, including spoken and written English, particularly with a view to applying these skills in the teaching of literacy and language. Students need to be at least 16 years of age.
This course comprises of 4 units:
1. Analysing English language for literacy and language teaching
– Understand the relationship between forms of language and meaning
– Understand structural features of language
2. Reading skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to read written texts (for specific purposes)
– Be able to respond to written texts
3. Speaking and listening skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to present information
– Be able to listen and respond to non verbal and verbal information
4. Writing skills for literacy and language teaching
– Be able to prepare written texts
– Be able to produce written texts
Each unit has an overview presentation, resources, practice exercises, and the assessment criteria, so students are well-prepared before attempting each unit assignment.
Course Duration and Credits
Minimum guided learning hours = 60
RQF credits = 12
The qualification is assessed online by internally set and marked assessments.
Three units are assessed by assignments that are marked by the tutor, and one unit is assessed via a professional discussion which takes place online with a tutor and lasts about 30 minutes.
Students have a dedicated tutor as they work through the course, providing advice and guidance, as well as prompt feedback. Communication is usually via email, and telephone / Skype support is also available if required. This allows each student to work through the course at their own pace.
Learners looking to develop their understanding of the English Language, including spoken and written English, particuarly with a view to applying these skills in the teaching of literacy and language.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.