This course is unique for many reasons. It is the first dog behaviour course to study and consider both Positive Reward Training and its application in the human-dog relationship, and the more physical world of dog behaviour between dogs.
Far from a course that exists to merely educate from one perspective, this dog behaviour course will challenge everything you thought you knew about dogs and dog psychology, calling on the work of Fisher, Scott and Fuller, Bruce Fogle, Ray and Lorna Coppinger, Stephen Budiansky, Ian Dunbar and many more leading experts.
On completion, the student will:
- Have learned the difference between how dogs learn, and how dogs behave
- Have a greater understanding of both dog training and dog psychology
- Have examined the most recent studies and debates in the world of dog behaviour and training, and encouraged to formulate their own opinion based on experience and research
- Have a better understanding of key subjects such as: socialisation, communication, the origins of the dog and evolution
- Have a better understanding of the importance of the role of the owner, human moods, temperament, personality, morality and their affects on the dog
- Be able to recognise key body language, gestures and signals of the dog
- Be able to diagnose classic behavioural problems and put their new knowledge of dog training and natural dog behaviour into effect for possible basic solutions
- Have a greater understanding of what is required for a dog to be happy, healthy, well behaved, and mentally balanced
In essence, what it truly is to be a good dog owner or carer
- UNIT ONE – The History of Dogs
- UNIT TWO – Genetics of the Dog’s Mind, Nature or Nurture? The Brain and Senses
- UNIT THREE – Breed Difference – Are all Dogs the Same?
- UNIT FOUR – Hormones, Health & Diet – Their Influence on Behaviour
- UNIT FIVE – Communication, Pheromones, Body Language
- UNIT SIX – Early Learning, Mum and Pack’s Influence, Socialisation, Habituation
- UNIT SEVEN – How Dogs Learn, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning, Discipline etc.
- UNIT EIGHT – Social Structure of the Dog, New Understandings Examined – Dominance & Pack Structure
- UNIT NINE – Natural Punishment & Discipline in Dogs
- UNIT TEN – Aggression in all its Forms
- UNIT ELEVEN – Fears, Phobias & Anxiety
- UNIT TWELVE – The Owner Influence, Energy, Personality
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]