Workplaces can be hugely important in tackling the issues of structural and individual racism. By their nature, workplaces tend to be more diverse than the social circles held by individuals. Therefore by ensuring inclusive hiring and management processes, employees will collaborate with a broader range of people that will challenge potentially previously held notions of stereotypes and other biases. Learners will not only hear the first hand experiences of black people in the workplace but will also be given strategies and tips for confronting their own biases and mitigating them.
This online course has been designed to persuade learners that racism is not just about explicit racist language, abuse or discrimination, it can take the form of inequality and inadvertent bias ingrained in the way organisations and society is run. The course takes a look at the experiences of black people in the workplace and the impact of white privilege and micro-inequities. It further persuades learners that they need to consciously and proactively address racial bias in their organisation.
The purpose of this online course is to persuade the learner that racism isn’t just explicit racist language, abuse or discrimination and that racism also takes the form of inequalities and inadvertent biases that are embedded in organisations and in society. Learners will come away from the course with an increased sense of the need to consciously and pro-actively address racial bias within their organisation. Through the course learners will:
- Understand what unconscious racial bias is.
- Describe what is meant by white privilege.
- List the differences between ‘in groups’ and ‘out groups’.
- Recognise racial microaggressions.
- Describe how an organisation can either reverse or perpetuate racial bias depending on its actions / inactions
This race equality online course is split into 5 parts:
Part 1: Systemic Racial Biases vs Explicit Racist Behaviour
An exploration of these behaviours and how they may manifest in organisations
Part 2: Unconscious racial bias
A brief introduction to this topic and how it can impact on racial inequality in the workplace.
Part 3: White Privilege
Focuses on the aspects of white privilege that relates to the workplace.
Part 4: Racial microaggressions
Typical examples of racial microaggression found in the workplace
Part 5: Tokenism
Superficial responses by employers to avoid real action and mask inactivity.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.