The Lean Competency System ( LCS)
The Lean Competency System ( LCS) is a lean qualifications framework created by the Lean Enterprise Research Centre and used by organisations to support lean training programmes, facilities or academies and by employees and practitioners as a vehicle to develop their lean thinking knowledge and practical skills.
The LCS framework
The LCS framework has seven levels of competency which focus on lean knowledge and lean practice in the workplace. The LCS is a licenced service of Cardiff University.
Up to now the lean qualifications framework developed by the LCS, has been focused around face to face training in a classroom environment. The LCS has witnessed a huge increase in the course demand over the last couple of years, and have been looking to develop other markets, they released quickly that there is a massive potential by supplying the courses online.
LCS 1A Beginners Lean Course
This course is the first in the program and its called “LCS 1A Beginners Lean”, as we have said it is accredited by the Lean Competency System who are a licenced service of Cardiff University. your Certificate will hold an LCS & Cardiff university endorsement.
This course has been developed to encourage all individuals to gain knowledge, it is a visual and verbal course with plenty of interaction. If you have completed an online course in the past you may have had to injure a lecture or hard written style of training. Our software allows us to develop a fun course that keeps you interested. We supply comprehensive course notes and assistance LCS 1A Beginners Lean.
So what does the course cover?
This course will teach you all of the basics you require to allow you to understand lean and what it can do for you, take a look at the very brief overview which will indicate the journey this course will follow.
Brief course overview
- Introduction – LCS explained
- What will I learn?
- What is the course about?
- What should I be able to do after the course?
- What is Lean – Lean concept explained
- The purpose and Implementation – What is a Transformation and what are the expected outcomes from a transformation
- The History – We look at the history of lean from its beginning to now
- The Principles – we explain in depth the 5 Principles of lean including content for each principle
- Waste Explained – we look at service & Manufacturing waste an understand the common goals
- PDCA Explained – What is PDCA and where did it come from
- Questions – 25 Random questions pulled from a question bank
When you pass you will receive a certificate
This course makes a great foundation on your journey to understanding lean and / or becoming a lean practitioner. From this course you can continue up the seven levels of the LCS qualification framework and / or try Six sigma
If you would like to gain an accredited lean qualification then start your journey now.