The interview is the most popular method of selection for most types of jobs. In fact, more than 95% of large businesses globally, use interviews at some point in their selection process. However, if prepared and conducted incorrectly, the interview is unlikely to produce the useful information required when recruiting and can therefore lead to the wrong candidate being recruited.
Using the competency-based interview approach increases the effectiveness of the interview process, and helps you to identify each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses in relation to the specific job role.
The course explains the concept of competency-based interviewing and how these interviews should be conducted using the STAR technique. The course also explains the overall process of assessment centres and how they should be structured for recruitment. Advantages and disadvantages of different assessment methods are considered so that the right assessments are chosen for each job role.
Ensuring that assessment ratings are objective and accurate and correctly evaluated using the popular ORCE methodology will help to identify the best candidates for each job
- Assessment Principles
- Understanding the Role
- An Introduction to Interviewing
- How to Conduct Interviews
- An Introduction to Assessment Centres
- Designing Assessment Centres
- Observe, Record, Classify and Evaluate (ORCE)
- To understand the issues around best practice in assessment
- To understand the process of job analysis and assessment design
- To learn how to effectively interview candidates objectively
- To develop an undertanding of assessment centre design
- To improve your recruitment process by developing the right skills to hire the best people
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.