What is the Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things is the concept of having all our devices around us connected to the Internet. Therefore, we could potentially access all devices, they could communicate with us, but also communicate together for more interesting applications. It has many applications in home automation, transportation, healthcare, and several other domains.
What is the difference between the Internet of Things and the regular Internet?
The Internet of Things is the idea of all devices being connected together, which uses the Internet & other wireless networks for devices to communicate together.
- One Year e-learning access with 1 to 3 hours of learning;
- One hour of video lectures and additional material
- End of module test to test your knowledge.
After the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what is the Internet of Things
- Understand how Internet of Things devices interact together & with users
- Learn about the protocols used by Internet of Things devices
- Discover the different platforms that are available to develop applications
- Learn about commercially available devices that are already using the Internet of Things
- Understand the current challenges of the Internet of Things
- Module 1: Introduction to the Internet of Things
- Module 2: Different Cases of Interactions
- Module 3: Internet of Things Protocols
- Module 4: Development Platforms
- Module 5: Three Applications of the IoT
- Module 6: Future of the Internet of Things
Some knowledge of programming and internet technologies e.g. TCP/IP & HTTP is helpful.
For multiple discounts, site licences, e-learning credits or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]