- Suitable for anyone that is involved in, or able to influence, the management of environmental and sustainability performance within your organisation
- This innovative eLearning course provides a truly interactive way of learning how to implement and audit an EMS.
- Assumes no previous knowledge or experience.
- Endorsed by the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) and counts towards 5 hours CPD and 5 hours SLD.
Who is this course for?
It’s relevant to many employees, such as:
- Your EMS Manager
- Technical, operational and facilities management staff with environmental or sustainability management responsibilities
- Senior managers
- Anyone undertaking undergraduate, postgraduate or continuing professional development studies in a related topic
- Anyone that is involved in, or able to influence, the management of environmental and sustainability performance within your organisation.
In fact, it could be suitable for your entire workforce! If so, take a look at our Cloud Community solution and find out more about setting up your own multi-user platform.
What you will learn
Module 1: Introducing Environmental Management Systems
- Part 1 looks at the aims of an EMS and the various schemes and standards that are available.
- Part 2 considers the business case for EMS implementation. It will help you identify the key benefits and drivers for implementing an EMS.
Module 2: Undertaking an Initial Environmental Review
- In Part 1, we’ll introduce audit planning and explain how undertaking an Initial Environmental Review (IER) can help you understand environmental performance.
- In Part 2, we’ll cover the key steps in an IER.
Module 3: Understanding Key EMS Documents
- Part 1 covers the key documents required in the planning of an EMS.
- Part 2 describes how to develop an Aspects and Impacts Register.
- Part 3 looks at the environmental policy, objectives, targets and the environmental programme.
- Part 4 covers legal and other requirements and how to develop a Legal Register.
- Part 5 is about producing and implementing procedures. It’ll also cover training, awareness and communication.
Module 4: Auditing and Reviewing Environmental Management Systems
- In Part 1, we cover what EMS audits are and how to undertake them.
- In Part 2, we help you develop an audit checklist. We will provide step-by-step guidance on how to check key areas of the EMS during your internal audit.
“Cloud Sustainability courses are informative and concise whilst being fun to learn. They contain exquisite graphics with interactive quizzes. The short snappy modules are made to fit in with any busy schedule. I look forward to completing the others to help me with my role as an Award Winning Sustainability Champion.”
Lisa B Jeffries, Senior Clinical Technician, School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield
To find out if discounts are available for multiple purchases or for mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]