This course is intended for all children’s workforce practitioners, i.e. all staff who work with children, young people and their families.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
This course will enable you to:
• Outline the benefits of studying the development of the child or young person
• Explore the key questions in child development
• Acquire a basic understanding of how babies and children form attachments
• Understand how attachments can affect boundary formation and the social, emotional and behavioural development of children and young people
• Understand Maslow’s hierarchy of human need
• Understand Levin’s theory of child development
• Understand Piaget’s cognitive development theory
• Understand Vygotsky’s social learning theory
• Understand Erikson’s theory of psycho-social development
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.