This course is aimed at athletes that are serious about their future. Whilst they’re main aim is performing at their best on the track, court or field, they should also be honing their media skills so that they appear professional and credible in front of camera.
An athlete that is media savvy has the ability to supplement their income many times over through sponsorships and endorsements.
Remember: when the media is interviewing you, it is your chance to promote your sport, your sponsors, your team, your organisation and most importantly yourself.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- how the media operates and why media training is so important
- why credibility is key
- your objective during a media interview
- knowing the difference between a good and a bad interview
- how to prepare for a media interview
- knowing how to anticipate the questions you will be asked
- understanding how to prepare for those questions
- how to use similes and metaphors
- how to increase your confidence
- how to deliver your answer
- the importance of the “10 second” grab
- how to handle tricky questions, and the traps of social media.
- individual athletes
- schools and education departments
- local, national and international sporting clubs and organizations.
The course features:
- multi-device compatible
- interactive content
- a certificate of completion.
Estimated duration: 60 minutes
About the author
This elearning course has been developed by Mark Aiston a 35 year veteran, Mark has worked as a sports reporter and television and radio host in Australia since 1980.
He has interviewed thousands of sportsmen and women during that time and it’s through that experience that he wrote, produced and voiced “How to prepare for an interview with the media”.
Mark is the founder of Mediainsider, a media training business that has been operating since 2000.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.