Aims of the Qualification
These are to:
- develop a range of operational management and leadership competences required by employers of those engaged in or aspiring to managerial positions
- enhance employment opportunities in operational management roles
- utilise personal and teamwork competences for effective self-performance and the performance of the team and organisation
- apply leadership skills in a range of management activities
- respond to the environment in which the organisation operates
- provide suitable strategic competences for future career and personal development in the performance of managerial duties
- use strategic management and leadership skills for the long term direction of an organisation in a range of management functions
- progress to further studies and professional qualifications in management or related disciplines
- provide pathways to higher education programmes in Management and related subjects such as Business
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally.
- Developing Self-Management Skills
- Leadership at Work
- Plan, Lead and Implement Change
- Managing and Working with People
- Manage Operational Resources
- Creating a Culture of Customer Care
- Management and Leadership: Graded Unit 1
- Managing People
- Marketing: An Introduction
A mix of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.
Opportunities for Progression
HNC allows successful candidates to progress to higher education and/or professional qualifications.
Access will be at the discretion of the centre. Some examples of appropriate formal entry qualifications are specified below. They are not exhaustive or mutually exclusive and may be offered in a variety of combinations.
- An appropriate level of skill in the English language.
- Experience in the use of IT applications software.
- Different combinations of relevant National Qualifications, Vocational Qualifications and equivalent qualifications from other awarding bodies may be acceptable, as would suitable industry standard qualifications at an appropriate level.
- Mature candidates with suitable work experience may be accepted for entry provided the enrolling centre believes that the candidate is likely to benefit from undertaking the qualification.
10% discount for 10 or more users purchased. For purchases of 50 users or more phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.