The online materials include quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through the course.
Workbooks accompany the units – these can be printed off and filled in by hand or completed on-screen. The questions and exercises contained in each one enable learners to apply their knowledge to their work and / or provide evidence that the assessment criteria required to achieve the qualification have been covered.
Topics covered include:
- Effective communication in health and social care settings
- An introduction to personal development
- Equality and inclusion
- Duty of care and how to respond to complaints
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Using person-centred approaches
- Contributing to health and safety at work
- Handling information and key legislation
- The causes and spread of infection
- Person-centred assessment planning, implementation and review
- Dementia awareness – what it is, its symptoms, effects and causes
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care practice
- Understanding and enabling interaction and communication with individuals with dementia
- Enabling rights and choices for individuals with dementia
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.