Nutrition is a vital part of your dogs health. There are so many different foods on the market for dogs it can be very confusing choosing the right one for your dog. However if you know what nutrients they need, you can make an informed decision. Canine health and nutrition can be very scientific, so this Canine Health and Nutrition online course aims to break it down to the essentials that you need to know. Many dogs now also suffer from allergies and have special nutritional needs during different stages of their life.
As with humans many believe that a holistic approach to healthcare is better than using drugs to treat ailments and so alternative therapies are sought. Raw feeding is a part of this holistic approach to health for many owners and this is covered in depth and considered as a preventative to ill health and behaviour – as well as an approach to address the same.
On completion, the student will:
- Be able to identify a healthy dog and the symptoms of ill health.
- Know how to prevent problems arising, such as disease and parasites.
- Provide a good balanced diet for dog which has all the nutrients it requires.
- Understand the special nutritional needs of canines that have allergies or suffer from ill health.
- Understand how the canine body functions.
- Be able to identify common conditions, viruses and bugs that dogs may suffer from and how to fight them.
- Be able to perform basic first aid on a dog.
- Understand the alternative or holistic health therapies that can be used instead of conventional medicine.
- Understand how important exercise is to canine health and wellbeing.
- Identify the needs of canines as they reach old age.
This Level 3 Canine Health and Nutrition Diploma is made up of the following 13 units;
- UNIT ONE – Canine Health
- UNIT TWO – Preventing Problems
- UNIT THREE – Building Blocks of Good Nutrition
- UNIT FOUR – Feeding And Supplements
- UNIT FIVE – Special Nutritional Needs
- UNIT SIX – How The Canine Body Works
- UNIT SEVEN – Common Conditions
- UNIT EIGHT – Fighting Viruses And Bugs
- UNIT NINE – Canine First Aid And Drug Therapy
- UNIT TEN – Alternative Health
- UNIT ELEVEN – Raw Feeding in Depth
- UNIT TWELVE – Importance Of Exercise
- UNIT THIRTEEN – Senior Health
This really depends upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies, as well as how easily and quickly you grasp the learning concepts. We recommend that students fully digest and understand the course content before submitting their question paper. We encourage students to do their own additional reading and research to reinforce what they have learned. Each unit comes with a question paper which should be completed and returned to the college by email. You should allow between one and two hours to complete each paper.
The approximate length of time required to complete the canine health and nutrition course is 240 hours.
There is a two year time period within which you can complete this canine health and nutrition course.
The canine health and nutrition online course is for those who want to learn more about caring for their canine. You may be a dog owner that wants to learn more about your pet’s needs and ensure they live a long, healthy life. You may be a professional that has worked or wants to work with dogs and need to be able to offer advice or knowledge on dog health.
If you are an existing British College of Canine Studies customer you are entitled to a 15% discount, please phone 0844 8549218 for further information.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]