Nutrition is a vital part of health. There are so many different foods on the market for dogs it can be very confusing choosing the right one for your dog. However if you know what nutrients they need, you can make an informed decision. Canine health and nutrition can be very scientific, so this course aims to break it down to the essentials that you need to know. Many dogs now also suffer from allergies and have special nutritional needs during different stages of their life.
On completion, the student will:
- Be able to identify a healthy dog and the symptoms of ill health.
- Know how to prevent problems arising, such as disease and parasites.
- Provide a good balanced diet for dog which has all the nutrients it requires.
- Understand the special nutritional needs of canines that have allergies or suffer from ill health.
- Understand how the canine body functions.
- Be able to identify common conditions, viruses and bugs that dogs may suffer from and how to fight them.
- Be able to perform basic first aid on a dog.
- Understand the alternative or holistic health therapies that can be used instead of conventional medicine.
- Understand how important exercise is to canine health and wellbeing.
- Identify the needs of canines as they reach old age.
- UNIT ONE – Canine Health
- UNIT TWO – Preventing Problems
- UNIT THREE – Building Blocks of Good Nutrition
- UNIT FOUR – Feeding And Supplements
- UNIT FIVE – Special Nutritional Needs
- UNIT SIX – How The Canine Body Works
- UNIT SEVEN – Common Conditions
- UNIT EIGHT – Fighting Viruses And Bugs
- UNIT NINE – Canine First Aid And Drug Therapy
- UNIT TEN – Alternative Health
- UNIT ELEVEN – Importance Of Exercise
- UNIT TWELVE – Senior Health
Who Is This Course For?
The canine health and nutrition course is for those who want to learn more about caring for their canine. You may be a dog owner that wants to learn more about your pet’s needs and ensure they live a long, healthy life. You may be a professional that has worked or wants to work with dogs and need to be able to offer advice or knowledge on dog health.
There is a two year time period within which you can complete this course.
Download Unit One only via eLearning Marketplace. Units then emailed to you upon completion of the previous unit.
If you are an existing British College of Canine Studies customer you are entitled to a 15% discount, please phone 0844 8549218 for further information.