Overview – Health and Safety in the Workplace
The benefits of using online training in the workplace include:
- Cost Reductions e.g. travel fees
- Man hour reduction (training only takes as long as the learner needs)
- Self-printed certificate for evidence of course completion
- Staff can start training immediately
- Helping your business maintain a green status by reducing your carbon footprint
All of our online training can be paused by the user and picked up again when they like, allowing freedom to complete the course in a time that fits around their workload. By allowing them to work at their own pace you can have peace of mind that everybody has received adequate information, without feeling the need to compete with their peers.
What is Covered?
Organisations will experience a number of benefits from providing a safe and healthy workplace; as mentioned above in 2008/9 29.3 million days were lost overall due to work related health and safety issues. To help reduce these numbers, our course has been tailored to address your legal workplace training requirements, as well as key risk assessment areas. If you require additional training depending on your specific sector, you can view our additional courses including, Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness and Risk Assessment
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Risk Assessment
- Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting
- Communication and Environment
- Hazards and Controls: Fire and Electricity
- Hazards and Controls: COSHH and PPE
- Hazards and Controls: Manual Handling & DSE
Upon successfully completing this e-learning course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the key principles of workplace health and safety
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment to Health and Safety and how it is undertaken
- Outline accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Communicate health and safety information clearly
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and Health and Safety in the Workplace course is approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a certificate as proof, and a record of this training will be available in the Enable Learning Management System should you need it in future (for example, a health and safety audit).
Approximately 3-4 hours. The training takes on average 3 – 4 hours to complete. The length of time taken depends on how quickly you study and absorb the material. The Learning Management System automatically tracks your progress so you can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and pause the training if you need to complete it in stages. There is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is perfect for employees in any business who require health and safety training. It is also suitable for individuals who are self-employed and individuals who wish to increase their awareness of health and safety in the workplace, or prepare for entry to a new job.
10 to 49 users – 10% discount
50 to 99 users – 20% discount
100 to 249 users – 33% discount
250 to 499 users – 50% discount
500 to 999 users – 60% discount
1000 to 1999 users – 75% discount
2000+ users – 80% discount
To find out about discounts on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.