The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
- .Understand how to deal with incoming, outgoing and ‘junk’ mail
- Prepare packages for distribution to the right people according to the agreed schedule in line with organisational procedures
- Describe how to operate a franking machine and what to do in the event of problems arising when dealing with incoming or outgoing mail
- Explain the process for reporting suspicious or damaged items
- State organisational policies and procedures on mail handling, security and the use of courier services
i-ACT: Understanding how to Deal with Mail
- -Ask: Understanding How to Deal with Mail
- i-Check: Dealing with Mail
- i-Check: Understanding How to Deal with Mail
- i-Test: Understanding How to Deal with Mail
i-ACT: Handling Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- i-Ask: Handling Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- i-Check: Handling Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- i-Test: Handling Incoming and Outgoing Mail
i-Practice: Sending and Receiving Franked and stamped Mail
- i-Practice: Sending and Receiving Franked and Stamped Mail
- i-Practice: Sending and Receiving Franked and Stamped Mail (Assessment)
The suite of Business Administration courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing [email protected] or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]