Vibration at work is the cause of significant ill-health, with painful and disabling disorders of the blood vessels, nerves and joints. As well as Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) the course also describes two other conditions covered by the UK Injuries Disablement Benefits scheme: vibration-related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) and Dupuytren’s contracture.
This online course describes the symptoms and causes of hand arm vibration conditions and provides advice on how to reduce exposure. Case studies are used to show how failing to manage vibration can lead to short-term and long-term health conditions and to motivate learners to take action to protect their health.
If employees are asked to keep logs of how long they use each tool for during a shift this course will help to explain how doing this could be of benefit to them.
The final lesson of the course provides information on what staff might expect from health surveillance. Continuing with the case studies introduced in lesson 2, this lesson provides reassurance about the purpose and benefits of participating actively in health surveillance.
This online training on Hand and Arm Vibration covers the following:
- The impact of vibration injuries.
- How vibration injuries are caused.
- How to recognise problems.
- How to protect against vibration injuries.
- What health surveillance you might receive
Vibration at work is a significant cause of work-related ill-health. Regular and frequent exposure can lead to painful and disabling disorders of the blood vessels, nerves and joints.
Industries where people are typically affected by vibration include:
- engineering, carpentry and manufacturing
- forestry and horticulture
- foundries and forges
- motor vehicle maintenance and repair
- shipbuilding and repair
If you use vibrating tools understanding the risks can help you to protect yourself from the harm they can cause.
At the end of this online Hand Arm Vibration health and safety online course, you should be able to:
- Recognise some of the tools in your workplace that could expose you to a risk of vibration injuries.
- Describe the symptoms of vibration injuries.
- Explain the need to report symptoms of vibration injuries early.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.