The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
Understand requirements for handling information in health and social care settings
- Identify legislation and codes of practice that relate to handling information in health and social care
- Summarise the main points of legal requirements and codes of practice for handling information in health and social care
Be able to implement good practice in handling information
- Describe features of manual and electronic information storage systems that help ensure security
- Demonstrate practices that ensure security when storing and accessing information
- Maintain records that are up to date, complete, accurate and legible
Be able to support others to handle information
- Support others to understand the need for secure handling of information
- Support others to understand and contribute to records
Information Control and Support
i-Ask: Handling Personal Information
i-Ask: Confidentiality and Legislation
i-Ask: Information to Include in Records
i-Check: Data Protection
i-Check: Types of Data
i-Test: Information Control and Support
The suite of Health and Social Care courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.