The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
- State the different payment methods accepted in salons and how to calculate costs
- Identify different types of fraud and state how to deal with it
- Name relevant legislation associated with reception duties
- Demonstrate how to deal with client enquiries professionally and pass messages on promptly
- Explain how to effectively communicate with clients and deal with complaints effectively
- Describe how body language, language and tone of voice promote successful communicaton
- Illustrate how to make appointments accurately and the different methods of making appointments.
Introduction to Salon Reception Duties
- i-Ask: Duties of Salon Receptionist
- i-Check: Duties of Salon Receptionist
- i-Test: Duties of Salon Receptionist
Dealing with Payments
- i-Ask: Payment Types, Offers and Discounts
- i-Ask: Fraud and Legislation
- i-Check: Payment Types, Offers and Discounts
- i-Check: Fraud and Legislation
- i-Test: Taking Payments, Applying Discounts and Handling Fraud
Dealing with Enquiries and Complaints
- i-Ask: Handling Queries
- i-Ask: Meeting Different Needs and Handling Complaints
- i-Check: Handling Queries
- i-Check: Meeting Different Needs and Handling Complaints
- i-Test: Dealing with Enquiries and Complaints
Communication and Appointment Making
- i-Ask: Professional Presentation and Effective Communication
- i-Ask: Making Appointments and Data Protection
- i-Check: Professional Presentation and Effective Communication
- i-Check: Making Appointments and Data Protection
- i-Test: Dressing Professionally, Effective Communication and Appointment Making
Booking Appointments in Person and by Telephone
- i-Practice: Booking Appointments in Person and by Telephone
- i-Practice: Booking Appointments in Person and by Telephone (Assessment)
Taking Payments for Services
- i-Practice: Taking Payments for Services
- i-Practice: Taking Payments for Services (Assessment)
Attending to Clients and Taking Messages
- i-Practice: Attending to Clients and Taking Messages
- i-Practice: Attending to Clients and Taking Messages (Assessment)
The suite of Hairdressing courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.