It is estimated that one in three of the UK population will suffer from allergies at some time in their lives. Whilst most allergic reactions are merely unpleasant, the Food Standards Agency estimates that there are between five and fifteen fatalities every year in the UK associated with food allergies. This course describes the symptoms and causes of food allergies and intolerance and measures to be taken when preparing or serving food to the public.
This online course meets the requirement to educate and inform employees and associates in regard to the law and recommended practices.
- Understanding the risk associated with food allergies and intolerance
- Forms of food allergies
- Forms of food intolerance
- Front of house responsibilities
- Deliveries and recipe integrity
- Back of house responsibilities
- Labelling of packaged and non-packaged food
- Gluten-free explained
- Action to be taken should someone have a severe allergic reaction
There is an online assessment for this course which requires an 90% pass rate to obtain a certificate of achievement, which can be downloaded.
This course is certified by TQA Ltd. TQA is an independent training quality assurance company that assesses the quality of content and its compliance to the standard that governs the topic. TQA requires that ever learner completes an assessment to confirm that the learner’s knowledge of the subject meets the criteria for competence.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.