The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 requires employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure that their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This course provides an understanding of the basic aid that can be given and the information to be gathered whilst waiting for trained assistance.
This course also provides supporting knowledge for personnel seeking first aid qualification or to refresh their knowledge. The course is highly interactive and engages the learner in the subject. The learner can progress through the course at their own pace. All results are recorded electronically.
This course is certified by TQA Ltd. TQA is an independent training quality assurance company that assesses the quality of content and its compliance to the standard that governs the topic. TQA requires that ever learner completes an assessment to confirm that the learner’s knowledge of the subject meets the criteria for competence.
- Describes the employer’s legal duty concerning first aid.
- Explains the first aid risk assessment
- Explains the difference between trained first aiders and an appointed person.
- Explains the difference between someone how is injured vs. ill and the different actions to be taken.
- Describe the materials required to apply first aid.
- How to carry out an illness assessment.
- What signs and symptoms to check.
- The importance of medical tags.
- What to do if you are confronted with the scene of an accident.
- What you should do if attending to an injured person.
- How to recognise shock.
- How to assist someone who goes into shock
There is an online assessment for this course which requires a 90% pass rate to obtain a certificate of achievement, which can be downloaded.
10% discount for between 10 and 24 users purchased, 20% for between 25 and 49 users. For discounts on purchases of larger numbers please phone 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.