St John’s Ambulance found 9 out of 10 adults in the UK lack confidence in First Aid because they haven’t received appropriate training.
- Would your or your staff be confident in an emergency?
- A customer unconscious, would you know what to do?
As an employer you are obligated to provide an ‘appropriate’ response if a requirement for first aid occurs. Around 140,000 people die each year in the UK from accients where first aid could have saved their lives (St John’s Ambulance, 2016)
This CPD Accredited online course provides the knowledge staff need to respond approriately to a wide range of common workplace emergencies.
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide ‘adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel’, which includes first aid training. This requirement is designed to ensure employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
General first aid training for all employees has clear benefits and could prove life-saving. This course is appropriate for those working in low risk environments who which to learn basic first aid skills or refresh their existing first aid skills. No previous qualifications are needed.
This First Aid at Work training course is also ideal for the designated first aider in low risk workplaces.
- What to do if you encounter an injured victim
- How to provide effective care prior to emergency services arriving
- Responses for heart attacks and cardiac arrest.
- How and when to put casualties in the recovery position
- Appropriate responses to emergencies such as choking, wounds, bleeding and shock
- Appropriate responses to burns, scolds, poisons, fractures, sprains and electrical injuries
- Taking care of unconscious patients
- Benefits of First Aid Training
- Evaluate the Environment
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- External bleeding
Common Workplace Injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Burns and Scalds
- Poisons and electrical injuries
- Diabetes and epilepsy
- Recovery Position
Calling the Emergency Services
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.