Equality Impact Assessments (EIA) are a legal requirement laid down by the public sector equalities legal framework to prevent discrimination in the performance of public functions and to maximise opportunities to promote equality.
The public sector duties require all public authorities and private companies providing public services to demonstrate their arrangements for:
• Monitoring policies for any adverse impact.
• Gathering information on the effects of policies.
• Assessing and consulting on the likely impact of proposed policies on equality.
• Training staff in relation to their duties.
• Publishing the results of consultation, monitoring and assessments.
• Reviewing and reporting progress on equality.
An equality impact assessment (EIA) will help you analyse your policies and practices to make sure they do not discriminate against or disadvantage people. Integrated, cyclical EIAs are a highly effective means of enabling organisations to benchmark progress in matching their policies’ actual equality outcomes to their goals.
Produced in partnership with Ionann Management Consultants, advanced EIA training builds on our EIA foundation course to demonstrate how to use EIAs to maximum effect to support your organisation’s equality and diversity objectives.
On completion of the course you will have the skills and knowledge to
- develop an EIA
- know the key legal and policy drivers for EIAs
- collect quality information
- involve and engage stakeholders
- analyse equality effects
- plan for action and reporting.
- understand the business benefits of the EIA process
Estimated time required to complete this course – 120 minutes. Times may differ depending on individual learning styles.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]