The course is completed via a five-stage learning process:
i-Practice is a unique tool that simulates real world vocational activities in a virtual environment, bridging the gap between traditional textbook and workshop learning, enabling the development of practical skills. It consists of two elements:
i-Practice (Training): This guides you through a virtual activity with full instruction allowing you to acquire the necessary skills though the repetition of tasks.
i-Practice (Assessment): This allows you to test your comprehension of the content. You undertake the same activity as before but without instruction. This enables you to apply what you have learnt, test your ability and set a benchmark to improve upon – ultimately working towards being job ready.
i-Ask provides core knowledge delivered through visuals, text and audio
iCheck reinforces your comprehension with informal testing and clear results – helping you identify strong and weak areas of understanding
i-Test: This is formal testing which summarises your results
On completion of this topic you will be able to:
Understand what is required for competence in own work role
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role
- Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards
Be able to reflect on practice
- Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice
- Describe how own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice
Be able to evaluate own performance
- Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards
- Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance and inform development
- Be able to agree a personal development plan
Be able to agree a personal development plan
- Identify sources of support for planning and reviewing own development
- Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities
- Demonstrate how to work with others to agree own personal development plan
Be able to use learning opportunities and reflective practice to contribute to personal development
- Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice
- Demonstrate how reflective practice has led to improved ways of working
- Show how to record progress in relation to personal development
Competence and Development
i-Ask: Personal Development
i-Ask: Gibbs’ Reflective Cycle
i-Check: Competence and Development
i-Test: Competence and Development
i-Ask: Performance Evaluation
i-Ask: Reflecting on a Work Activity
i-Check: Reflection and Performance Evaluation
i-Test: Performance Evaluation
i-Test: Reflecting on a Work Activity
The suite of Health and Social Care courses is available as an organisational licence – please enquire for details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0844 854 9218.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.