Developed in partnership with Business Disability Forum (BDF), this exclusive training resource from inclusive learning, via e-learning, video and trainer-led formats, provided guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of a diverse workforce.
This course doesn’t just explain the requirement under the Equality Act 2010 – it loks beyond compliance. The course content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a disability confident team.
On completion of this course you will have a better understanding of
- the advantages of being disability confident
- why we may need to challenge our attitudes to disability
- the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 with regards to disabled people
- the most appropriate ways to work with disabled colleagues and how to communicate with and serve disabled customers
- the types of ‘reasonable adjustments’ that need to be made for staff and customers with disabilities
- the importance of promoting appropriate behaviour in relation to deliberate bullying and harassment
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
This includes visiting disabled customers at home – people with visual, hearing and mobility impairment – people who have mental health problems – people with disfigurement.
Part 1 – A new perspective on disability
Part 2 – Communication skills
Part 3 – Law and best practice, Assessment quiz
Estimated time required to complete this course is 60 mins. Times may differ depending on individual learning styles.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.