A CPD Certified Online Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Skills for Care Centre of Excellence for e-Learning
This online course is from a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence for e-Learning. Skills for Care is the employer-led strategic body for workforce development in social care for adults in England. Their Centre of Excellence award is for ‘exemplary practice going above and beyond, constantly evolving to meet the needs of adult social care and being innovative in the delivery to ensure the needs of the learners are met’.
Course Structure and Functionality
This e-learning course has been designed in a non-linear and modular fashion which means you may complete the units in any order you wish.
You progress will be tracked so don’t worry if you have to dip in and out. There will be a knowledge check at the end which will become available once you have completed all of the prescribed units.
The course also contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce their learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
- Understand what dignity is and why it is central to the support and care of an individual
- Define what respect is and what it looks like
- Gain a greater understanding of The Dignity Challenge and how to put it into practice
- Recognise the importance of dignity and why it matters
- Understand the legislation and regulations surrounding dignity and respect
- Understand how to practice dignity and respect and the tools that can be utilised
There are no entry requirements.
Course assessment and certification
The candidate must pass the final assessment to receive a certificate. However, if failed the course content can be revisited and the final assessment re-attempted until the expiry of the licence.
On successful completion of the final assessment a downloadable certificate is immediately available from your Online Training Academy Dashboard.