This module will allow you to:
- Reflect on personal and professional values
- Reflect on and explore ways of improving interactions with a person with dementia
- Explore the lived experience of a person who has memory loss and recognition difficulties
- Learn simple techniques on how to support a person with dementia and their carers
- Explore relevant legislation and how it applies to the support offered to a person with dementia
- Access further accessible information about the different types of dementia
- Understand the importance of encouraging the recording and sharing of information to improve the quality of life for a person with dementia
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Lived Experience – Understanding and Responding
- Emotions and Behaviour – Understanding and Responding
- Legislation and Guidelines
- Types of Dementia
- Summary and Progression
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Approximately 1- 1 and a half hours. With 40 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 – 1 1/2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
This module is aimed at anyone supporting someone with Dementia or their carers.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
“It was very helpful, I liked the way the information was set out, it was easy to take the information in and the practice tests were very useful.” – LR
“Very straight forward and not too overwhelming with information links optional. Enjoyed this and has helped my confidence that I am doing everything correctly when approaching residents suffering from dementia.” – JC
“I did enjoy the course because it’s job related, easy to access and to navigate. The course was excellent and very enjoyable.” – KA
10 to 49 users – 10% discount
50 to 99 users – 20% discount
100 to 249 users – 33% discount
250 to 499 users – 50% discount
500 to 999 users – 60% discount
1000 to 1999 users – 75% discount
2000+ users – 80% discount
To find out about discounts on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]