The Data Protection Act 2018 tightened up how we collect, process and store personal data. The Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Everyone who uses personal data has to follow rules called ‘data protection principles’.
This Data Confident online course offers learners who work with data a comprehensive toolkit to enable you to:
- quickly and confidently identify different types of data
- choose a rock solid lawful basis (and condition, if needed) for processing data
- evaluate the impact on people
- document and notify them
- plot the data lifecycle
- understand the rules around sharing data
- and spot any information risks along the way.
Data Confident delivers 120 minutes of world-class quality animated video and associated e-Learning, split across 9 modules – with tasty takeaways and interactive Q&As.
This Data Confident online course is split into 9 modules. Each features a training video, followed by a quiz – which you’ll need to answer correctly to complete the module.
1 – Data Confident
Introduction to the course.
2 – Four Steps To Processing Data
We know that we must be LAWFUL, FAIR and TRANSPARENT when we’re processing data. But what does this really mean? This module introduces our easy four step guide to processing data.
3 – Lawful Bases
So we’ve introduced our four step guide to Processing Data. You’re now ready for Step 2 – choosing one of the 6 Lawful Bases.
4 – Special Category Conditions
Sensitive personal data is Special Category Data – stuff like health, sex life, religion, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data. We will take a good like at them.
5 – Impact
Here we take a look at number 3 of our four step guide to processing data – Impact.
6 – Document and Notify
Next up is the last bit of our four step guide to processing data – Document and Notify – it’s how we record our decisions and notify people. This module also explores what privacy means and the 8 Individual Rights to challenge processing.
7 – Data Near Misses & How To Avoid Them
We know that we all have a huge responsibility to be FAIR, LAWFUL and TRANSPARENT when we’re working with personal data. But what do we do when things go wrong – and how might we avoid any near misses?
8 – Sharing Data Confidently
Here we take a look at sharing data – properly and securely.
9 – Love That Data
Good quality and efficient data is vital for all of us to work effectively and happily – and to make sure we’re complying with our legal responsibilities. We finish off with a few extra bits to take home and think about.
By the end of this online course on working with personal data, you will:
- be confident in identifying different types of data.
- understand our 4 step guide to processing data.
- know how to keep a robust system of evidence.
- be able to identify potential information risks and how to avoid them.
- understand the life cycle of data and how to plan for it.
This online course on data it perfect for mandatory training suitable for all employees. It also works well in a group training environment as part of a blended learning approach.
Data Confident was designed right from the outset to sit in front of your learners as a piece of communication from your organisation – not some third party off the shelf training series. It has been carefully designed and written to feel like it’s you talking to your learners.
Available in English and Welsh. All of our courses have been painstakingly translated down to the very last visual or spoken word.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.