Module 1 – Social Engineering
The impact of social engineering can last long after the act, delaying critical business operations and causing significant loss. In this module, you’ll learn how to spot red flags and catch social engineers red-handed.
- Understand and explain the difference between social engineers and cyber criminals
- Analyse and assess the risk web-crooks and social engineers pose
- Summarise the intentions of, and motivations behind, social engineering attacks
- Identify, plan, and implement the appropriate responses to incidents
Module 2 – Phishing
You’ll likely find yourself on a fake webpage that will instantly take control of your computer, downloading dangerous malware or stealing your sensitive information. In this module, you’ll learn how to spot even the smallest of red flags that an email could be malicious and what to do about it.
- Fully understand and explain what phishing is, and what the intentions of web-crooks are
- How to analyse the structure of a domain and highlight potentially malicious email addresses and link
- Understand how the dangers of phishing affect one’s personal life and workplace
- Plan and implement the best course of action when a phishing email is identified
Module 3 – SMShing
We live in a world where millions of SMS Phishing (SMShing) messages are sent out daily. These criminals go to extraordinary measures to impersonate legitimate senders, making fake messages seem very real. However, such texts are very dangerous, housing potentially malicious links that can be hard for the layman to spot. In this module, you’ll learn how to identify suspicious red flags and what to do about malicious text messages.
- Explain what SMShing criminals are trying to do
- Assess the risks of malicious texts and the content within them
- Understand and explain how SMShing affects our personal and professional lives at home and in the workplace
- Identify, plan, and implement appropriate responses to SMShing messages
Module 4 – Vishing
The world is filled with good guys and bad guys, and the latter are always searching for new ways to break down your digital walls and steal your sensitive information. One of the most popular methods they use is vishing, cleverly talking you into revealing private data over the phone. In this module, you’ll learn how to beat vishers at their own game, making sure the only thing they walk away with is disappointment.
- Assess the risks of vishing calls
- Explain the intentions of vishing and vishers
- Know when a phone call sounds “vishy”, and what to do about it
- Plan, and implement if needed, the right response to a vishing call
- Understand the dangers vishing presents, and how to avoid these at home and work
- Identify scam callers in their tracks and make sure you don’t fall victim to their trickery
Module 5 – Passwords
What is a password? This personal combination of numbers and letters is your first line of defence between your account and uninvited guests. Yes, password-cracking methods get more advanced every day – but so do our ways of combatting those methods. In this module you’ll learn how to keep your accounts, finances, and sensitive data secure – so you can sleep easier at night.
- Create strong passwords
- Secure those passwords
- Demonstrate how passwords protect sensitive documents and accounts
- Suggest extra layers of security on top of password protection
Module 6 – Sharing Information Online
One small error in judgement when sharing information online could expose sensitive data which web-crooks can use to bypass security questions and even steal your identity. In this module you’ll learn how to stay safe online, particularly on social media, keeping cyber criminals at bay so you can share data online without worry.
- Analyse and assess the quality of information you wish to share on social medi
- Identify and recommend effective ways to avoid oversharing online
- Understand and explain what risks social media presents at the workplace
Module 7 – Browsing Safely
Protecting yourself and your finances online is a skill. In this module you’ll learn how to beat cyber criminals at their own game.
- Analyse URL domain structures and their certificates
- Identify and demonstrate your understanding of relevant payment protection methods
- Measure the risks associated with public Wi-Fi and how these can compromise your security
Module 8 – Remote Working
With a laptop and an internet connection, we can work anywhere, anytime. The dawn of the web brought with it more freedom and flexibility than ever before, empowering mobile workers to be more productive. However, connecting to unknown WiFi can be risky, potentially exposing your sensitive information to prying eyes. In this course, you’ll learn how to work remotely without compromising the security of your typical office space. Know the risks, analyse them, and make informed decisions when connecting to the web on-the-spot and on-the-go.
- Make informed decisions with confidence to ensure uncompromised security when working remotely
- Understand and explain the definition of a VPN, and where (and when) you need to use one
- Prepare for device loss via theft or misplacement, and how to prevent unauthorised access even from afar
- Analyse the risks posed by various public Wi-Fi networks, and how these could adversely impact information security
Module 9 – Physical Security
Cyber criminals never rest. They sleep with one eye open to continually find new ways to penetrate your home and workplace’s shields, working hard to steal your sensitive information and data. In this module you’ll learn what to look out for, how to catch unauthenticated individuals in their tracks, and how to implement effective physical security measures at home and the office.
- Create and maintain a more secure computer and server environment at home and work
- Build effective security practices at your household and office spaces
- Understand and evaluate the security risks of various unauthenticated visitors
Module 10 – GDPR
Every organisation has a responsibility to protect the data of its employees, customers and suppliers. In this module you’ll learn how to gather, store, and process data lawfully. After all, no business wants to be found guilty of mishandling data when you didn’t even realise you were doing anything wrong.
- Define the GDPR and understand why it exists
- Evaluate whether data falls under “personal” or “special category information”
- Summarise the rights and responsibilities of your organisation and all the people in it
- Confidently manage data security by ensuring plenty of storage space
- Do what is needed to minimise and prevent the chances of a breach
- Understand the appropriate data security policies
On passing the final quiz a certificate is immediately available to you to download.
The course is accessible on all devices, including tablet and smart phone.
Approximately 2 hours 30 minutes (15 minutes per module)
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.